Web Standards Compliance
Web Standards compliance is about creating a Web site in a way that allows it be accessible to the largest range of people possible. Aside from all of the additional benefits, this alone is simply good business sense. After all, the more people you have viewing your site the better. In order for a Web site to truly be accessible, it simply must be constructed around guidelines set by Web standards.
What are the benefits?
- Ease of maintenance, management and redesign.
- More control with with how the end user can view the site (PDAs, cell phones, etc.).
- Compatibility with future Web technologies is preserved.
- Accessible to more people, including those with disabilities.
- Consistency across multiple Web browsers.
- Faster download speeds and cheaper hosting fees.
- Appear higher in search engine rankings.
Still a little unsure about the importance of web standards and accessibility? Read what a few of the experts have to say.